Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Practicum: Day One

Are you for real? I'm already on my last practicum??

Today was my first day at a site that offers a day program to adults with physical disabilities due to MS, stroke, and some to acquired brain injury.

The clients seem nice, eager to participate, and friendly.

The staff all seem nice so far, and eager to help me out.

And the structure this place has! Nothing like my last placement. They have a calendar of dates of when I am leading programs. They told me who my client assessment will be on, and what my in-service will be about. I kinda dig it actually. I also dig the hours, Monday to Thursday, 9-4:30, and Friday I work from home. I have to be sure not to make work turn into "work" :D

1 comment:

KimLiving said...

Sounds like a great place so far! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way. You deserve a positive end to this year.